We are Buildily Limited (registered number 10929397), whose registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road N1 7GU (“our”, “us” and “we”). We will refer to you as “you” and “your”.
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you and allow other users to contact you, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
What Information does Founderat.com Collect?
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we may collect Personal Information such as your name, email address, photo, occupation, location, biographical information, and third-party account (for example, your username for Facebook or other third party sites that you link to from your Founderat.com page). If you sign in to the Services through a third party site or service, you understand certain information in those accounts, such as your name and email (“Third Party Account Information”) may be transmitted to us in connection with the log-in and authentication process. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services.
Information Collected Automatically
When you register for the Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, “cookie” information, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Services – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
Information Collected From Other Websites and Do Not Track Policy
Will Founderat.com Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this section:
Information that’s been de-identified. We may de-identify your Personal Information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a partner (or allow a partner to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual person.
Affiliated Businesses: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. Examples of such services may include an integration with a third-party payment processor (such as PayPal, Stripe) to enable you to collect payments through your Website or an integration with an email marketing platform (such as MailChimp, HubSpot) to assist with email marketing campaigns for your End Users. Integrations like these may require you to transmit certain information from your Service profile in order to access their functionality. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a third-party email delivery service to send marketing and service-related emails on our behalf. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. User Profiles and Submissions: Your user profile information, including your name, location, and any video or image content you upload to the Services will be publicly available. We may use such information to facilitate interaction with your End Users within the Services or address your request for our Services. For example, our Services enable you to communicate with your End Users through your Websites on the Services, allow your End Users to schedule meetings with you, and allow your End Users to sign up for a newsletter or similar communication through your Website. Please remember that any content you upload to your Website, along with any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone.
Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information can I access?
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- name and password
- email address
- biography, including your education history and current employer
- profile picture
- user profile information, including text, images and videos you have uploaded to the site
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us .
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us.
What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may delete your account in the settings on the account page in your profile or by contacting us.
Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this GDPR Privacy Notice, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Company will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You? We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Profile photograph
- Biographical information, including interests, your education history, current employer
- Your user content, for example, images, text, links to your social profile(s), and any other content you submit publicly on your Founderat.com profile page (which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content)
Information we receive from third party sources: Some third parties such as our business partners and service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Account information for third party services: If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Services (e.g., Facebook Connect or Twitter OAuth, Linkedin etc), the third party service will send us certain limited information about you, such as your name and email, to assist with the log-in and authentication process. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third party service.
Information we automatically collect when you use our Services: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
- Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
How Do We Use Your Personal Data? We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage your account and Website
- Temporarily save your registration information for up to 3 months if you do not complete the registration process to allow you to resume the process at a later date
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Provide certain features and integrations as part of the Services, including scheduling, calendar, and messaging features
- Process subscription payments and other payments in connection with the Services
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Personalize content and communications based on your preferences, including by customizing and curating the list of domains available for purchase
- Research, develop, and improve our Services
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfill user requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Profile photograph
- Biographical information
- Your user content, for example, images, text, links to your social profile(s), and any other content you submit publically on your Founderat.com profile (which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content)
- Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Research and development of products and services
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Analytics service providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
- Co-location service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
- Providers of user research tools
- Providers of internal communication tools
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
- Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data? We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use? We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. For example, our Services and users’ Websites are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL). We encrypt user passwords and our infrastructure is protected in a private virtual cloud.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data? You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights please contact us. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by editing your account at https://Founderat.com/.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Company’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data:
Transfers inside Founderat.com – We operate globally and we transfer information using service platforms and service providers so that we can deliver you the Service as described in the Policies. Some of the countries where these service providers are located and where our team members work may not have privacy and data protection laws similar to the laws of the EEA. In order to make these transfers, we use the contractual data protection clauses that have been approved by the European Commission. In relation to the transfer of information we collect from the European Economic Area and Switzerland, we use the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Transfers to third-parties – We use service providers to provide us with specific services. Some of those service providers are located in countries that may not have privacy and data protection laws similar to the laws of the EEA or Switzerland. In the event that we share personally identifiable information of users of the Services that are in the EEA, we ensure that the model contract clauses that have been approved by the European Commission are in place with such service providers. In relation to the transfer of information we collect from the European Economic Area and Switzerland, we use the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the EC approved model contract clauses, binding corporate rules to ensure adequate security for transfers of your personally identifiable information to data processors and other any other mechanisms as may be available.
You hereby consent to the transfer of your data as set forth herein.
For more information about the Privacy Shield Program, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data? If you have any questions about this GDPR Privacy Notice or our data practices generally, please contact us using the following information:
Email address for contact: email@example.com